Mittwoch, 12. November 2014

Food. #10

Being vegan can be hard. Especially when you're out and about.
 I find it very unpleasant to be the only one at a party 
who is not able to eat from the birthday cake. 
But I also hate it to be complaining and ask if they maybe have something else to eat. 
So I find it the best way to avoid those situations by bringing something to eat myself. 
a) You already have a little present 
b) Others might like it as well and learn something about veganism
c) You don't have to be hungry OR ask unpleasant questions

So as I was invited to a birthday party this weekend I took the chance and made some of these. 

// SAVORY PUFF PASTRY STICKS //

This one is really easy and done in about 10 minutes (+15 minutes baking). 
What many do not know, is that the regular puff pastry you buy in the stores is vegan.
(Most of the time, read the ingredient list to be sure)

For my version I chopped up some fresh sage from our garden. 
Together with sea salt I sprinkled it on the puff pastry 
which I sliced, twisted and brushed some water on.
This is just one idea, you can change the toppings just how you prefer.

If you want to bring a desert, how about baking the pastry without topping and then add some icing?




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen